Spread the Word
Many Leading Manufacturers Rely on CMR to Organize, Manage and Optimize Channel Data and Channel Management Processes
March 15, 2007 ANAHEIM, CA and SAN DIEGO, CA – (MARKET WIRE) – Published on www.MarketWire.com, www.CustomerThink.com. CMR, an industry leader in Trade Promotion Management, POS and Inventory Reporting Solutions for manufacturers, distributors and their Sales Channels, has announced the release of its new Web-hosted Channel Marketing Funds Management Services.
Channel Marketing Funds Services from CMR enable manufacturers to automate traditional administrative processes and manual reporting functions to improve efficiency, accuracy and return on investment from trade promotion funds. Distributors, resellers, global partners and their sales and administrative personnel now have secure, 24×7 online access to their available balances of co-op advertising and market development funds. They can enter and submit claims, and the system can automatically calculate accruals using defined business rules and POS data.
“Targus expects that the new capabilities gained from using CMR’s Channel Marketing Funds Web-based Services will increase the productivity of our internal administrative personnel as well as those of our distribution partners and resellers,” said Danielle Feith, channel marketing manager, Targus. “These new hosted resources give our reseller partners the ability to access information, build on Targus’ marketing programs and create an environment that helps fulfill our overall business objectives.”
Key benefits of CMR’s Channel Marketing Funds Web-Hosted Services include:
- Accelerates Fund Approval Process. Prior approval requests, co-op claims, and market development funds can be easily entered by partners and reviewed by manufacturers.
- Simplifies Processing. Reseller and distributor data collection and reporting processes are streamlined.
- Saves Time. Automatically identifies and lets users know when claim forms are incomplete. Only completed forms reach the claims processing desk.
- Reduces Costs. Administrative overhead and labor costs are substantially reduced.
- Helps Monitor ROI. Channel program and trade promotion ROI can be constantly tracked and measured.
- Improves Planning and Development of MDF Programs. New marketing programs can be designed based on actual distributor and reseller performance.
- Generates Custom Analytics. Analytics can be performed by territory, reseller, product or distributor.
- Allows Instant and Secure Access, 24/7. Co-op and MDF balances YTD, totals earned YTD, total claims YTD, claims pending and claims paid out can be instantly accessed and downloaded 24/7.
- Secured Data. Privacy and data security are always assured.
“Many of the world’s leading manufacturers have relied on CMR to collect and standardize their channel sales and inventory data,” said Del Heles, president of Computer Market Research. “Our new Channel Marketing Funds Hosted Services continue the CMR tradition of excellence and our commitment to helping manufacturers improve the way they organize, manage and optimize all of their channel-related data and channel management processes.”
Fortune 1000 companies rely on CMR solutions to improve Channel Sales™, Channel POS™, Channel Inventory™ and Channel management™.
- Organize channel partner reward/incentive programs.
- Make faster, more effective decisions.
- Determine which SKU’s top resellers are selling.
- Improve Channel Sell Through.
- Monitor ROI in Channel Programs.
- Communicate more effectively with Resellers.
- Forecast channel sales more accurately.
- Consolidate Channel POS data to improve sales compensation programs.
- Streamline traditional information management process.
- Unite participating partners.
Targus invented the notebook case and continues to advance the mobile accessories category with innovative and relevant solutions for today’s mobile lifestyle. Targus products enhance productivity, connectivity, and security, liberating users to work in any and all environments with convenience and comfort. Founded in 1983, Targus is located in Anaheim, Calif., with offices worldwide and distribution in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit www.targus.com.
About Computer Market Research
Computer Market Research, Ltd. (CMR™) is the industry’s leading solution provider of channel information management, consulting and software applications. For 23 years, CMR’s web-based, hosted or desktop software applications have accelerated and automated distributor and reseller data collection processing and analysis. Clients like Hitachi Data Systems™, palmOne™, Samsung™ and Symbol Technologies™, among others, who are dependent upon multi-channel strategies, rely on CMR to improve data gathering management as well as customer and partner relationship management.
CMR clients implement Channel POS™ to optimize channel efficiency, gain better insight, align partner networks, reduce time-to-volume, and speed up the sales cycle by translating raw data into business intelligence – all key factors in driving greater revenue, profit, market share, and end-customer satisfaction. Tie in CMR’s online Partner Avenue™ PRM application, and clients have the integration needed for timely commission reporting, price protection calculations, accurate forecasting, inventory control, special pricing requests, optimal marketing programs and funds management.