Special Method in Channel Partner Marketing
Manufacturers are in constant search of the best practices and most practical channel partner marketing tools
When you think of a how a channel partnership was made successful, what comes to mind?
- The manufacturer provided prompt and comprehensive training on product functionality?
- Thanks to a user-friendly Partner Portal platform, the reseller was actively engaged with its manufacturer’s channel incentive programs?
- Was the manufacturer quick to either approve or deny claims from partners’ rebate submissions?
- The manufacturer provided an assortment of channel partner marketing tools that helped stimulate marketing efforts?
To answer your question, yes, each of the previous serves an imperative purpose in creating productive, fruitful channel partnerships. However, one thing that probably didn’t come to mind was blogging.
That’s right, blogging.
Manufacturers and vendors who provide daily/weekly blog updates as a channel partner marketing tools can offer their sales funnel informative, engaging, and useful content that accelerates productivity. Yet, surprisingly, most manufacturers and vendors don’t seem to take advantage of these cost-efficient, powerfully effective channel partner marketing tools.
How Active Blogging as a Component of your Channel Partner Marketing Tools Can Help you and your Channel Partners’ Success:
- Helps build influence and authoritative leadership with partners.
- Spotlights expertise and experience in/outside the industry.
- Gives you the opportunity to go viral (i.e., earned media).
- Drives organic traffic to your website and increases rankings on search engines.
- Gives partners content to share with their customers, and become influencers.
- They give potential partners the information needed to make an informed buying decision.
- Solve problems, learn skills and/or eradicate pain points.
However, blogging, or blogging effectively, is not easy.
It is made particularly challenging when you’re attempting to give resellers content they would want to share with their partners. Channeling blogs via the indirect sales funnel requires a broad understanding of the industry landscape—expertise that takes time and passionate dedication in order to successfully master.
5 Helpful Tips on Creating the Perfect Blog for Channel Partners:
1.) Publish Content that Concerns Long-Term Usage
According to Hubspot, 90 percent of their leads come from blog posts distributed 6 months or later. Publishing older blog posts—whether it’s embedded with a video demonstration, podcast recording, Slideshare presentation, infographic or solely written content—should be focused on sharing timeless information.
It’s forever valuable when your blog focuses less on the relevance of time and more on the relevance of information where it can be recycled and re-published on an infinite timeframe.
2.) Short and to the Point
The combination of our busy professional lives and short attention spans does not help us in the blogging department. Every word of your blog should serve a purpose.
3.) Efficiency Does Not Equate to Quality
If you’re in the mindset that the more blogs you create, the better your lead generation becomes—think again. Poorly written, industry irrelevant, the wrong tone, boring, imprudent and hastily produced content are a surefire way to destroy your influence as an authoritative voice.
4.) The subheading is Your Bread n’ Butter
This relates back to our cognitive flaw of having short attention spans.
Creative and sexy subheadings should be used throughout your blog as a means to assist in the ‘page skimming’ process. The days of reading blogs start-to-finish no longer apply in today’s world—as the overwhelming saturation of content streaming the Interweb has coerced a subconscious impulse in us to zoom through blogs without blinking.
5.) Step inside the Mind of your Channel Partner
Before the pen touches paper, you need a clear and cohesive understanding of what you want your angle to be for each post. Ultimately, providing value into your partners’ lives is what you should focus on, and the only way to do so is to empathize with their interests and pain points.
About Computer Market Research
CMR offers manufactures/vendors with a cost-effective automated platform. Our automated platform has revolutionized the way B2B marketing programs operate.
We help B2b channel partners:
- reduce conflict
- build transparency
- streamline incentive activities
- increase productivity
- enable channel partners to effectively market and sell your products
Channel management solutions we provide:
- Automated Distributor Claims Management (Ship and Debit)
- Channel POS
- Inventory Data Collection
- Co-op/MDF Management
- Deal Registration
- Rebate Management
- Opportunity Management
- Synchronized Channel Marketing
- SPIF Management