Spread the Word
Help Channel Partners Increase Sales – Curve Opportunities into Deals
Your channel partners look for quality information and tools to sell your products. With dedicated support, regular communication and training – coupled with innovative channel sales management solutions – manufacturers offer an opportunity to increase channel partner sales performance.
There is no tried-and-true formula for b2b deal closing. There are, however, strategies and tactics you can deploy to help increase channel partner sales.
Strategies to deploy in order to help increase channel partner sales
Accept that fact you’re going to lose more than you win.
No one likes a hard sell. Intrusive and harassing behavior is a sure fire way to develop the reputation of “someone to avoid”; this is especially true in the b2b industry, where rumors spread like wildfire.
Qualify the Lead
As a salesperson, gathering insight, understanding the profile of the end customer, and researching prospects who will benefit from the use of your product is imperative. Pinpoint your target through comprehensive research; using LinkedIn, Yelp, blogs comments, business cards, and any other resource at your disposal, is essential to increasing your odds of conversion.
Making First Contact
The single most important element to deal closing success (or failure) relies on your initial attempt of contact—regardless of direct or indirect communication. Know their name, their position, their accomplishments; their company, their goals and equate to how you can accommodate their needs and eradicate their pain points.
In the b2b realm, there are typically five different types of identities you will run into—so it’s crucial to position your sales approach accordingly. The better you understand the psychological mindset behind your lead, the better chance you have at connecting with them on a personal level—and thus—converting opportunities into deals.
- The ‘Holy One’ – This person is confident, bold and displays elements of narcissistic behavior. He or she believes their statements to be always true and wants to feel important. The chances of persuading this individual to rely on your ability to connect your product to satisfy their needs—and only theirs.
- The Professor – This person is knowledgeable in all facets of the industry. They are difficult to approach and immediately reluctant to listen. They expect you to have a high level of intellect and expertise in their industry.
- The Saint – Cares for the industry and wants to be a catalyst for positive change. They are empathic and approachable—but in order to maintain their interest—you must display the “how” your product solves a larger scale problem.
- The Conspiracy Theorist – Cynical and stubborn, this individual automatically assumes your intentions to be exploitive and unethical. Relies on numerical data and tangible evidence in order to be persuaded.
- Christopher Columbus – This person is naturally driven to encounter new opportunities. Motivated by the idea of “Being the first” to learn about a cool new product. Show off your creative side to gain (and retain) their attention.
Boost Channel Activity with Partners Via CMR’s Deal Registration Module
We remove the hassle affiliated with the traditional deal registration process thru intuitive software
- Automated deal registration-to-closure process
- Reporting tools for analytics into your registered deals
- Simple approval or denial process
- Inventory balances are automatically itemized
- Available on mobile devices