San Diego, California – March 12, 2007 – Computer Market Research, Ltd. (CMR™), an industry leader in Trade Promotion Management, POS and Inventory Reporting Solutions for manufacturers, distributors and their sales channels, has announced the release of its new CMR Co-op/MDF™ Web-hosted Management Services.
Co-op/MDF™ Services from CMR enable manufacturers to automate traditional administrative processes and manual reporting functions to improve efficiency, accuracy and return on investment from trade promotion funds. Distributors, resellers, global partners and their sales and administrative personnel now have secure, 24×7 online access to their available balances of co-op advertising and Market Development Funds. They can enter and submit claims, and the system can automatically calculate accruals using defined business rules and POS data.
“Targus expects that the new capabilities gained from using CMR’s Co-op/MDF™ Web-based Services will increase the productivity of our internal administrative personnel as well as those of our distribution partners and resellers,” said Danielle Feith, channel marketing manager, Targus. “These new hosted resources give our reseller partners the ability to access information, build on Targus’ marketing programs and create an environment that helps fulfill our overall business objectives.”
Key benefits of CMR’s Co-op/MDF™ Web-Hosted Services include:
- Accelerates Fund Approval Process. Prior approval requests, co-op claims and Market Development Funds can be easily entered by partners and reviewed by manufacturers.
- Simplifies Processing. Reseller and distributor data collection and reporting processes are streamlined.
- Saves Time. Automatically identifies and lets users know when claim forms are incomplete. Only completed forms reach the claims processing desk.
- Reduces Costs. Administrative overhead and labor costs are substantially reduced.
- Helps Monitor ROI. Channel program and trade promotion ROI can be constantly tracked and measured.
- Improves Planning and Development of Marketing Programs. New marketing programs can be designed based on actual distributor and reseller performance.
- Generates Custom Analytics. Analytics can be performed by territory, reseller, product or distributor.
- Allows Instant and Secure Access, 24/7. Co-op and MDF balances YTD, totals earned YTD, total claims YTD, claims pending and claims paid out can be instantly accessed and downloaded 24/7.
- Secured Data. Privacy and data security are always assured.
“Many of the world’s leading manufacturers have relied on CMR to collect and standardize their channel sales and inventory data,” said Del Heles, president of Computer Market Research. “Our new Co-op/MDF™ Hosted Services continue the CMR tradition of excellence and our commitment to helping manufacturers improve the ways they organize, manage and optimize all of their channel-related data and channel management processes.”
Targus™ invented the notebook case and continues to advance the mobile accessories category with innovative and relevant solutions for today’s mobile lifestyle. Targus products enhance productivity, connectivity, and security, liberating users to work in any and all environments with the utmost convenience and comfort. Founded in 1983, Targus headquarters are located in Anaheim, Calif., with offices worldwide and distribution agreements in more than 100 countries. For more information on Targus, visit www.targus.com.
About Computer Market Research
For more than 23 years, CMR has delivered cost effective, technology-based applications and services to manufacturers to assist them in managing channel data, optimize their trade promotion investments and maximize the effectiveness of their distribution channels. CMR’s Web-based solutions accelerate and automate distributor and reseller data collection, processing, analysis and reporting. CMR’s newest clients include Buffalo Technology, D-Link, LSI Corporation, and Targus. More information is available from the CMR customer support line at
(858) 795-1021, or can be viewed at www.computermarketresearch.com.
Targus and the Targus logo are registered trademarks of Targus Group International. CMR Co-op/MDF, CMR and the CMR logo are trademarks of Computer Market Research, LTD. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.