Preventing and/or mediating channel conflict is one of the greatest challenges for manufacturers with multi-tier channel distribution strategies. In addition to energetic rivalries and competition among channel partners for their piece of the market pie, channel conflict can include collisions between a manufacturer’s own sales force and its channel partners.
These best practices hope to help you establish a deal registration program that will help eliminate a main source of channel conflict by guaranteeing priority of a sale to the partner that registers it first.
Benefits of Deal Registration:
- Enhanced communications
- partners motivated to write more business
- Increased reseller loyalty by ensuring better margins for those that initiate sales opportunities
- Larger deals priced in a more consistent manner
- Improved record keeping and compliance with government regulations and industry standards
- A better understanding of how business is trending overall
Best Deal Registration Practices:
Set Overall Objectives and Strategies