Happy 30th Anniversary Computer Market Research!
Computer Market Research celebrated its 30th anniversary this January. CMR has come a long way since its founding in 1984 by Del Heles. After the company was first established, Del Heles rented a small office, purchased a land line, and began the wild adventure that has brought him here today. Today, CMR boasts well over 30 clients, employs a dedicated staff of 50+ people, all while enjoying the seaside view from their corporate office in San Diego.
Just so you understand the magnitude of being an industry veteran for 30 years, I present to you a list of items and events that occurred in 1984.
Current Events in 1984
- A movie ticket cost $2.50
- Fingerless gloves were a thing
- CD Players were introduced to the consumer market
- A gallon of gas costs $1.10
- The first Apple Macintosh went on sale
- The Space Shuttle Discovery embarked on its maiden voyage
- Shoulder pads. Shoulder pads everywhere!
Computer Market Research continues to pioneer the industry by providing top-of-the-line channel management solutions for companies operating with an indirect channel. Companies such as Yamaha, Brother, and Kodak depend on CMR to process and automate their channel processes including standardizing POS reports and implementing their partner programs such as Co-op/MDF Management and Deal Registration.
Cheers to another 30 years!